Objective: The HIT portion of the program will test a competitor's ability to hit from a stationary batting tee, along a tape measure from home plate, toward straight-away centerfield. Hits will be measured for distance and accuracy.
- One (1) adjustable batting tee
- Six (6) baseballs
- Six (6) 11-inch softballs (7/8 and 9/10 softball division)
- Six (6) 12-inch softballs (11/12 and 13/14 softball division)
- Two (2) different sized aluminum baseball/softball bats
Note: Participants may use their own bat. Any type of bat is acceptable. In the event a participant does not have a bat, sharing of bats is encouraged.
- Measuring tape (at least 250 feet, positioned from home plate, through second base toward straight-away centerfield).
- String (at least 50 feet, used to determine accuracy).
- Six (6) small bean bags/flags used to mark each hit.
- Each competitor will be allowed three (3) swings in an attempt to hit the ball.
- Only the best of the three (3) attempts, as determined by the administrator, will count toward a competitor's score.
- A swing and a miss counts as one attempt (one swing = one attempt).
- A running or walking start is not permitted. Participant may take a single stride step, but cannot take multiple steps in attempt to hit the ball from a walking or running start.
- Participants in the 7/8 and 9/10 softball division should compete with an 11-inch softball, whereas those in the 11/12 and 13/14 softball division should compete with a 12-inch softball.
- All participants in the baseball division compete with a standard baseball.